Tuesday, July 22, 2008

SO HOT

So it has been high 90s/low 100s for weeks. And I am so tired. The heat, combined with pregnancy, just takes it right out of me. I was lucky enough to get a nap - and sleep in - last weekend (thanks Hubs!) but already it feels like I've been on a transatlantic flight, with no sleep for 25 hours. And it's just been one day. With regular sleep.

And so I'm trying to figure out what to do with my precious girl today. And I'm stuck. No idea. Everything has been "done" - it feels like that anyway. Sort of like days when I just can't figure out what to make Chase for lunch.

And then I started thinking about what it was like living in China. What it was like living in Europe. And while it was quite difficult with a child in tow, we could always go somewhere interesting. And I think we could go somewhere interesting here, too, like one of the many National Parks, but with gas prices being so high, a kitchen to renovate, a new baby to plan for - oh and then there's the kids education, classes, and retirement to plan for ... how did we suddenly get so grown-up?

No comments: