Maybe it's just being preggy and hot, but I have to say cucumbers are the best food EVER. I love eating them they way they do in China. Here's the recipe - enjoy!
- English cucumber
- Marukan original rice vinegar
- Peanut oil
- 3 dried red small chilies
1) Slice English cucumber into 1/4 inch slices
2) In shallow pan, mix approx 2 cups Rice Vinegar(must be Marukan original) with 4-5 TBS sugar (to taste).
3) Add cucumber and arrange so they are all covered in vinegar
4) In a frying pan, put about 5 Tbs peanut oil in with two small, seeded red chilies (the kind you buy dried and are hot, hot, hot). Fry those chilies until they are crisp - a dark brown. The smokier they are, the smokier the cucumbers will taste.
5) When oil and chilies are smokin, pour over the cucumbers in the rice vinegar
6) Chill in fridge until desired coolness/hotness (the longer they stay in the fridge, the hotter they get because the chilies leach their heat into the marinade).