Monday, December 26, 2011

The Torte Of Christmas Present

We were invited to a very elaborate Christmas dinner by a friend of mine up the street. She loves throwing big parties. I have never met anyone who said "the more the merrier," and really, truly meant it.

We've gone the last two years now -- and while it stresses me out, it is a lot of fun. This year, I was in charge of creating 1) pomegranate kapriosas, 2) scallops with remoulade, 3) bacon wrapped dates, and 4) a chocolate chestnut torte. Plus I was in charge of roasting potatoes and pumpkin. Plus secret Santa gifts for adults. Plus secret Santa gifts for kids. Plus 4 bottles of wine. Plus 3 bottles of water.

And I have to admit. The idea of making a perfect chocolate torte really freaked me out. I was totally intimidated, and obsessed at the same time. So obsessed I found it hard to concentrate on anything else.

We went to a gorgeous Christmas Eve party and all I could think about was getting home to start the torte (for good reason, it takes over 2 hours to bake and has over 24 oz of Chocolate in it). And bless my hubby and Mom, who stayed up and helped me through it! Here it is without frosting. And no, I didn't get a picture of it with frosting. But it was gorgeous. Rich. And oh so sinful!


No comments: