Monday, December 26, 2011

Nutcracker

Every year, we go to see the Nutcracker. This year, we saw it on Christmas Eve.

The Hong Kong ballet's rendition of the Nutcracker is unbelievably beautiful. The costumes and set are amazing. The dancers are fabulous. My only gripe - there appears to be no sugar plum fairy (what? I know, how can that be?) and there seems to be a distinct lack of plot. Of course it is gorgeous and magical, but some things appear to have been lost in translation. That said, it is still the most beautiful Nutcracker performance I have ever seen.

My two ladies, getting ready for the show ...


































At the show ... (I can't believe how grown-up they are!!!) Chase soaked in every moment. Mads sat up straight and clapped at all the right times. Way too cute!

No comments: