Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Dinner!

Mads and her self-proclaimed "best friend" looking forward to dinner ...















The menu ...




















The table ...















The pomegranate kaprioskas seemed to go down without complaints (note empty jar) ...
















Hub's famous scallops! He made the remoulade and grilled them himself.
And people couldn't get enough of them ...
















Meanwhile, at the kids table ...















And then it was time for Christmas crackers ... and crowns






























Gorgeous selection of mains ... I love all the veggie options!















Party party!















Hostess with the most-ess. Including an exhausted little one and an eldest with an ear ache.














What's that? Home-made Christmas pudding? Bring it on!















Kickin' back before dessert ...
















Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of all the desserts. Or the secret santa. But I can tell you we were gifted a Hong Kong dining guide, which we were really excited about, until we got it home and discovered it was all in Chinese. Oh well.

Chase was so whooped from all the Christmas parties, she had to go home at 3 p.m. And thank goodness mom was willing to go with her. Madoc joined shortly after. I was home by 6 p.m. Threw in my hat and put girls to bed and hung out with my mum instead of going out to the two other functions we had committed to - Hubs went on our behalf.

What I learned this Christmas. I CAN make a fabulous chocolate torte. And, spending time with my family is more important than any chocolate torte. No matter how good it is.

No comments: