Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Sleep - And Lack Thereof

I must admit I had forgotten how wrecked I am with no sleep.

I tell myself (hourly) it will get better. And it is.

I'm not up *every hour* anymore. Now it's just every other hour. And Hubs has been kind enough to walk Chase back to her bedroom and cuddle with her in the wee hours of the morning so that I can attempt to get just a couple more hours of sleep (if I can get little M back to sleep).

A friend suggested putting M in her car seat to sleep (to keep her upright and aid in digestion/reflux), and it sort of works. Although it sort of doesn't. She seems to sleep much longer when she is cuddled up to me. Of course I worry about co-sleeping, and try to keep putting her back in her car seat, but when she wakes for the fourth time I usually give up and say a little prayer before falling asleep cuddling up to her.

2 comments:

Baby Galvin said...

hang in there lang:)

Abram Cardoza said...

I feel your pain. Amelia is here and even though she is bottle-feeding, she is still up every three or so. And then there's the case of her older sister, who still likes to get up out of bed at 2 am.

Hang in there. It will get better, if I remember correctly.