Monday, January 28, 2008

Potty

Potty-talk has become all the rage in our house. Not a day goes by where the word potty, pee-pee and pooh-pooh are not uttered.

I bought Chase a little, blue, plastic toilet in China. It looks like a real toilet, but it is blue. Well, Chase liked it quite a bit, until it was actually time to sit on it. So I thought, maybe she needs a toilet insert - so she can use the big toilet. So we went to Target and she picked out a Dora "Let's Go" potty seat insert. But she won't sit on it.

She will tell me now, when she needs to go to the bathroom, but she won't sit on the potty. So what's holding me back from starting to potty train her?

With another international flight looming in March, I can just picture the fasten seat belt sign "on" while my daughter shrieks "pee pee, pooh pooh!" Going into airplane toilets is hard enough with a baby, I can't imagine doing it with a toddler that is just learning to use the bathroom.

No comments: