Sunday, July 01, 2007

Back To Dalian

After flying for what felt like f-o-r-e-v-e-r, and a very long, unexpected delay in Korea, we finally rolled into Dalian around 9 p.m. last night.

Chase, unfortunately, had no intention of sleeping (having slept quite a bit on the plane, unlike her parents). She wanted to play with all of her toys- at least twice. She was wound up like a top. Spinning out of control until almost 2 a.m.

Finally she crashed. But woke up screaming about 20 minutes later. After a little snuggle, she slept again until about 3 a.m. Waking up once again by screaming. I ran to her room and found her standing up, in the corner of her room (I'm pretty sure she sleepwalks). She fell asleep once again and then woke up for good at about 4:30 a.m.

I was so tired I was completely disoriented when I woke up.
Hubs confided in me that he was too.

Returning to Dalian filled me with mixed emotions (strong perhaps due to sheer exhaustion). This city is great. The people are wonderful. Our lifestyle is outrageous. But I miss the US. I miss how easy everything is there; how safe everything feels (latest news here is the FDA has banned the purchase of fish and shrimp from China, which just happens to be what we have been living on for the past 6 months).

I feel more confident, now that I am armed with hydrogene peroxide (for removing pesticides from vegetables) and a heavy-duty water filter, which I have already put to use -- we found green algae growing in our *drinking* water bottle this morning.

Calgon, take me away.

No comments: