Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Root Canal: Update

So I mustered up all my courage and went to the dentist, resigned to the fact that I was going to have to have to have a root canal in my front tooth. As Hubs is out of town, I kept talking to myself (no, not out loud), saying over and over again, "it's going to be okay; deep breaths, deep breaths."

I plunked myself down and prepared for the worst. So I was surprised when my dentist said, "We don't have to drill today. I am going to put a 'protective coating' on your tooth. Don't worry, it will be fine." I like my dentist very much; I liked her even more after she told me this.

Seriously though, a 'protective coating,' - is that like a force field? How come I've never had a 'protective coating' put on when in the US? And why did she wait until now to use this 'protective coating?' And why didn't she put it on all my teeth?

But sure enough, it feels better. No root canal this week (knock wood).

No comments: