Sunday, February 18, 2007

11 Months

Where has the time gone? I can't believe that in one short month, Chase will be a year old.

She is still in the 90th percentile for height; her head circ. is still in the 75th percentile (exactly where it was when we measured her months ago). I'm not sure how much she weighs (we need a scale), but she is slimming down as a result of being in constant motion.

I have never been so conflicted. So happy to see her getting older and more independent - but at the same time - so sad to say goodbye to that little, helpless, dependent bundle. She has always been a little, independent being, with her own feelings and desires - the difference is that now she can express them in a way that we can understand (most of the time).

She will be walking and talking soon (it is clear there is already so much she wants to say). Potty training is also right around the corner, as she now tells me when she goes to the bathroom. Next thing I know, I'm going to be saying to her "you want to wear what to prom?"

I can just hear Hubs talking to her prom date now, "so tell me, what - exactly - are your intentions with my daughter?"

No comments: