Sunday, October 08, 2006

Sick

The thing I've noticed about being a mom is that just when you think you've got it, something new comes along.

Chase came down with her first cold yesterday. I know it is "par for the course" and that it is helping build her immune system, but it is really hard to watch a little, helpless child whose nose will not stop running.

I knew last night would be a long night. I brought her into bed with me, to save repeat trips to her room and to comfort her when she awoke every 15 minutes, terrified because she couldn't breath out of her nose.

Needless to say it was a long night.

We managed a trip down to the train station this morning to visit the only pharmacy open on a Sunday.

Now stocked with saline solution, a nose spray, a new nose suctioner-thing, and a cream to rub on her chest to help clear her nasal passages while she sleeps, I feel like I may actually have a chance at getting an hour or two of sleep myself.

No comments: