Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy 6 Months Mads!

Oh my dear Mads. Can you believe it has been six months? I can. Can you believe I have not eaten gluten, soy, dairy, gassy veg, citrus, tomato, or even a salad for 3 months? I can. And honey, you are totally worth it. I love you so much.

You are, as my mom put it, a little angel who has come to us. I am so grateful for the opportunity to be your mother. I am so lucky to have you in my life. Thank you for your smiles, your laughter and the joy you've brought our family. You will never really understand, I guess, until you have children of your own. But you are brilliant, like the first star in the sky or the moon reflecting off a dark ocean.

Your sister loves you too. So much she needs to touch you every minute of every day. She can't wait until you are just a little older, so that you can play with her. Oh the fun you'll have! She loves making you laugh. She loves feeding you and changing your diaper. She has, I think, already forgotten life before you.

And your father adores you. Simply adores you. And you adore him. Laughing, at times, only for him. You two have a special relationship already, and I am so happy to see it.

We love you, little darling. Thank you for coming into our family.

No comments: