Saturday, April 04, 2009

Updates

So I have found that if I stick to the basic elimination diet, Madoc sleeps SO well. I added avocado the other day and she woke every 20 minutes - all - night - long. The good news? She is thriving and not on Zantac anymore. The bad news? Looks like I will have a severely restricted diet for the next 6 months (let's just hope I can keep nursing for 6 more months). It's really weird not to be eating any-fat-at-all. But I'm starting to feel good, instead of deprived. Although we were at a birthday party today and I really wanted a piece of cake, or at least a taste of the sorbet. Arg.

We have some travel coming up which is really going to test it - I'm going to have to cook up rice and squash in various locations and people are going to give me funny looks. It's amazing how social food is - and how when you can't eat certain things - people react to you in ways you'd never expect. Not like I'm doing this for fun, you know? It's not like I'd be doing this if I had a choice.

If I have to keep this up for 6 mo, I will be thinner than ever in my whole life (and will probably feel pretty darn good, too), but I can't imagine re-introducing processed or fatty foods after being off them so long. I guess we'll see! Oh, but I do long for avocados.

Chase and Icky, her imaginary Komodo dragon, are doing well. She just had her 3 year check-up and is now in the 75th percentile for height and the 50th percentile for weight. Everything else checks out! Thank goodness for happy, healthy kids!

No comments: