Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Happenings

Our dog was totally un-manageable a couple days ago. So I took him to the dog park. Within 5 minutes, another dog bit a big chunk of skin out of his side. I'm not kidding. I used to think I should have been a vet, but after seeing my dog without skin, I realized I made the right choice by not becoming a vet.

I took down the information from the woman who owned the dog that was involved in the "incident." She mentioned she was a vet, but I didn't think twice and sped to our vet (someone I trusted). En route, I called them to let them know I was coming; they said they couldn't see him and sent me to 24-hour emergency pet hospital (other side of town).

After about 45 minutes, the ER Vet told me it would cost about $500 (plus the $110 admission fee) to stitch him up. I called the woman whose dog had done the deed and she said, "Are you at Alameda East? I work at Alameda East. Let me speak to the vet you spoke with." And so I handed over the phone. Weird, huh?

The good news? We didn't have to pay a thing. The bad news? Taggart had to get 10 stitches. So he's shaved and while it looks way better, it still looks bad.

No comments: