I've come to realize that the holidays - motherhood for that matter - wouldn't be so tough if we didn't need to sleep.
Chase, bless her, has recently decided she doesn't need as much sleep. So, instead of going to bed at 7:30 p.m., she has elected to retire at 9 p.m. - for the past two nights. And I just don't have it in me to correct her, especially because we're headed to Portland tomorrow for a whirlwind trip.
Lots going on. Besides the usual family activities, we also have my sister-in-law's wedding to attend. Chase will be a flower girl. So lots of pictures (assuming I receive approval to post them) will be up at the end of the month.
Couple quick notes on Chase before we go... today marks 21-months!
- She now sings along to songs. It's incredible. Her favorites are: ABCs, One was Johnny, A-alligators all around, Baba black sheep, twinkle twinkle little star and Happy Birthday (which we still sing to all of her animals every night).
- She has learned the word "no" - thanks to our dog - and says it all-the-time.
- She loves to color, paint, play with stickers, water and gets frustrated by puzzles - she can actually draw circles, lines or dots, when asked.
- She also loves dressing her stuffed animals in her clothes
- She still eats yogurt all-the-time (doctored-up with wheat germ, fish oil and jam)