Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Can I Help You?

Today I was at TAR-JEY (Target).

And while I was sitting in the parking lot, reading a book about religion (I'm currently on Hinduism) - as Chase only naps in the car now so I've started reading again - I was contemplating how noble it is to seek to attain perfect unselfishness, perfect mental peace, and detachment from worldly desires (yes, right before going shopping) - a big (huge) truck pulls up, parks diagonally across two spaces. A man and woman get out like they own the world (bad karma, dude).

After Chase woke up (an hour later), we headed into the store.

So at one point, I was looking through the shoes, and along came a sales lady, who said, "can I help you?" I said, "yes, I'm looking for these shoes in a size 7." She said, "oh, everything we have it out." But she didn't offer to help me look. So I said, "I think it's just going to take time to look through these shoes." Still no offer to help.

I wanted to say, "how, exactly can you help someone if you're not willing to help?"

But instead I kept my mouth shut and tried to focus on attaining perfect mental peace.

No comments: