Friday, May 18, 2007

Newest Playgroup

This morning we went to the most organized playgroup I've ever been to - it was awesome. It is from 9-11 a.m. The group meets four times per week (too often for me) and is run by a preschool teacher and a gal who works at Gymboree. The kids range in age between 18-24 months. Of course they are all Chinese. The hostess and the gal from Gymboree are the only folks that speak English. The hostess is the same woman who invited us to go strawberry picking.

I get the feeling she thinks Chase is too young (c'mon, she's 14 months today!) for her playgroup and is trying nicely to revoke the playgourp invitation. She keeps saying, "maybe the kids are too old for Chase." And I keep saying, "it is so great to let Chase have an opportunity to play with older kids."

I think we've said this to each other four times already.

Maybe I should take the hint (although I must admit I got the hint the first time. Whether or not I decide to take the hint is another subject entirely, as I think it is extremely important for Chase to interact with slightly older children).

Maybe we'll just rely on three days of Gymboree and our playdates with Ho Di, Joshua (when he returns from Beijing), and Nicholas (when he returns from Germany).

No comments: