Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Chinese Swimmer

Okay, so I admit it, I've been a little insecure about the whole Asian woman thing. They are all so little and skinny (something I'm not and never will be). Some are cute. Some are quite exotic.

I've been secretly worried that Hubs might just, well, find them attractive (Heaven forbid). And, I must say, it didn't help that there was one time when I thought he just might be starting to fancy them, so I made up this thing about how much I liked male Chinese swimmers - which is total crap and just something I could tease him about when I was feeling insecure.

Fast forward a couple months. I'm in Gymboree and I meet this guy (ah yes, can you see where this is going?), who I think might make a good friend for Hubs - and bonus, he speaks a little English and he has a boy who is 10 days younger than Chase.

Last week, Hubs came along to Gymboree and I introduced them. Seemed like a good enough start. So today I went ahead and arranged a play date with him. He gave me his card.

Can you guess? He is a Chinese swim instructor at Ballys.

Seriously.

1 comment:

Sarah Jarvis said...

Ah the grass is always greener on the other side, ain't it? You are an Amazon goddess. Don't forget it. And I can say with 99% confidence that YOU are the most exotic person in the rooms in your neck of the woods!