Tuesday, November 14, 2006

A Tall Half-Caff, No Fat, Soy, Eggnog, Mocha, Latte, please...

Brian returned from Dalian, China, last night.

If all goes well, we will be packing our bags and heading to China in the next couple weeks.

Very exciting - not only to be moving - but the concept of staying somewhere for at least a year thrills me to no end.

So life is about to get even more interesting. Apparently very few people speak English there, so I'm sure my Swiss German, French and Italian will come in handy (not!).

I must say, I was happy when Brian reported that Starbucks has invested in Dalian - I trust Starbuck's ability to research and accurately identify emerging markets. It's also nice to know there's a place to go if I just get fed up with being in China and want to *pretend* like I'm in the US.

As an aside: I wonder what Chinese characters are used in translation ... I would use the characters for fame and fortune .






























But enough about Starbucks, here is a picture of Dalian...















The Yellow Sea ...
















Brian even found an apartment for us. We originally wanted an unfurnished apartment, but unfortunately it is not really an option at the moment. After viewing several apartments, Brian was overwhelmed by how China-rificly they were decorated. Understandably, the apartment below caught his attention immediately.















It comes with a pool and gym (no excuses now, it really is time to get back in shape) ...















And this is our guest bedroom - mmm, comfy - it's waiting for you ...















And in case I start missing the castles in Europe, I can just visit Dalian's castle ... Brian said it is supposed to be 100 years old, but he's pretty sure it was built yesterday.

No comments: