Friday, November 10, 2006

Pedicure

I am embarrassed to say that I have not had a pedicure in over a year (one is not supposed to get pedicures while pregnant and after having a baby it is so much harder to find the time...).

The woman who was doing my pedicure was clearly dismayed at the condition of my feet. I wanted to explain to her that our place in Switzerland had slate floors, which were gorgeous, but absolutely dried and ripped apart my feet.

Chase sat quietly on my lap the entire time. She focused every ounce of her being on what the woman was doing to my feet. She sat absolutely still for almost an hour. It was amazing.

There were a couple other women getting pedicures as well. They chatted with Chase as if she was a regular, getting her regular color (pink, I'm sure). It was hilarious. I could tell that Chase really felt like she was part of the club.

The movie, The Devil Wears Prada, was playing on the TV. It was in English, with English subtitles. The subtitles were so terrible I found myself laughing out loud. For example, at one point the subtitle had the word corpse in place of where someone said "of course."

Maybe the translator was taking the title of the movie too literally?

No comments: