Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Starbucks

Chase's nose is still running, which means I'm not getting much sleep.

So I dragged myself to Starbucks this morning to meet a friend.
I was totally disheveled. Greasy hair pulled back in a pony tail.
Big glasses to hide the bags under my eyes.

I realized when I arrived that Chase had decided to wipe her nose all over my shoulder - it looked like a snail trail.

It's a pretty picture, I know.

But then I looked around, and I noticed that most of the people were not looking their best. One gal with bleached hair and dark roots had pulled her hair back, but it wasn't smooth - it was all over the place. Two guys looked like they had been studying for a test all night. A third woman was wearing sweats and no make-up.

Maybe I had just hit the "morning crowd," the folks who role out of bed and head for coffee. Or maybe I'm going to the wrong Starbucks.

No comments: