Friday, July 28, 2006

Exercize

I don't know how parents find time to exercize. When Chase sleeps, all I want to do is sleep.

Confession: I have not been to the gym in 5 months. Other than walking around Zurich, almost every day, and lugging the stroller up and down three flights of stairs, I have not had a lick of excercize. I now understand how waistlines expand. How couples end up on the couch. How TV has become a national past time.

Yesterday I decided enough is enough. My muscles aren't going to excercize themselves (although I wish they would). So I dusted off my Power Yoga DVD. I bought it while we were in England, as a way to attempt to reclaim my figure after having a baby.

Let me tell you, I was sweating in no time. It was great. I'm not sure I'll be able to do it every day, but I've made a commitment to myself to try. We'll see how long this lasts...

*motivational image below courtesy of consumeraffairs.com

No comments: